We are regularly finding useful references about Hoar Oak Cottage, sheepfarming, Exmoor etc. included in a variety of publications. This page is a work in progress and more references with ISBNs and publication details will follow shortly.
This list is a starter for ten.
- A history of the forest of Exmoor by E.T.MacDermot
- Exmoor: the making of an English Landscape by Mary Siraut
- Reclamation of Exmoor Forest by Orwin and Sellick
- The Heritage of Exmoor by Roger A Burton
- Simonsbath: the inside story of an Exmoor village by Roger A Burton
- Yesterday’s Exmoor by Hazel Eardly Wilmot
- Counting Sheep by Phillip Walling
- Much Ado About Mutton by Bob Kennard
- Archaeology of Hill Farming on Exmoor by Cain Hegarty
- Exmoor National Park Authority:
History and Historic Environment Publications
- A little history of Exmoor Hope L Bourne