MOULE: circa 1845 to 1855
The 1851 Census for Devon shows that George Moule and his family were living at Hoar Oak Cottage with the family recorded as:
· George Moule age 38 an agricultural labourer born in Highbray, Devon
· Betsy Moule age 28, his wife born in Martinhoe, Devon
· James Moule age 5, born in Martinhoe, Devon
· Mary Moule age 2, born in Lynton, Devon
· George Moule, age 1, born in Lynton, Devon
Lynton is the registration district for Hoar Oak Cottage and the children Mary and George are therefore recorded as having been born in Lynton. It is not known when the Moules left the cottage nor where they went to but by the mid to late 1850s the cottage was occupied by John Vellacott so the Moules would have moved elsewhere.
George Moule died in 1889 aged 77 and is buried in Lynton Lee Road Churchyard.